2013년 6월 9일 일요일

Are we special or just weird?

I'm lining up some cool and great stuff tonight









I'm lining up some cool and great stuff tonight

Photo



"Heath [Ledger] was one of the easiest-going cats there was. I'd been told, "Watch out for Heath,..."

"Heath [Ledger] was one of the easiest-going cats there was. I'd been told, "Watch out for Heath, man, he's in character. Look out." Not at all. He was just a guy playing a part. He was a wonderful cat. The first day we worked together, he had a big, long monologue, and he went into the monologue, then he turned and looked me right in the eye and said, "How am I doing?" [Laughs.] I said, "You're doin' great, guy! You're doing great! That was a great take!" He was just really sweet, really warm, and really unpretentious. And he was an actor's actor. He's gonna be sorely missed for forever and a day."

-

I really love this particular quote from The AV Club's interview with Eric Roberts because one of the more nauseating things that people do with Heath Ledger in the wake of his death is try to pathologize what this performance did to him.

There's all these odd urban legends circulating around his time filming The Dark Knight and how allegedly sunken into the role he was, like the one positing that his fiddling with the remote prior to the hospital explosion was improvised (patently false), and Jack Nicholson's response to the news of Heath's death probably didn't help. Which is sad, because that's clearly just Jack Nicholson just being a stupid dick.

I like this quote because it gives credence to the much larger likelihood of why Heath Ledger was so good as the Joker, because it'd be the same reason he got the part in the first place - Heath Ledger was an actor and he was good at his job.

Snookered - Dan Deacon



Snookered - Dan Deacon

I got things today! Look at the things I got! I got a tie and a...







I got things today! Look at the things I got! I got a tie and a shirt and a tie and a pair of socks and those are the things I got today.

Actually, the whole reason we even ended up at Dundas West Fest...



Actually, the whole reason we even ended up at Dundas West Fest in the first places is because our photographer friend Chelsea was participating in an exhibit called LifeCycles about cyclists all around the world.

I don't know how common it is to stay in touch with a photographer who's done work for you on any level besides professional if you weren't friends with them prior, but if you met Chelsea, you'd understand why it was so important that we got out there today.

I never really bought the concept of people putting out good energy until I first spoke with Chelsea. She is warm and funny and enchanting and brings the absolute best out in everyone she photographs. Beyond being technically proficient as a photographer, her work honestly has a certain magic to it, and the subjects she frames with her camera are more than willing to share their world with her. There's no condescension, no exploitation, there's just art and humanity.

She's a cool fricking person is what I am getting at

Edge of the Earth - Volumes



Edge of the Earth - Volumes

Today we went downtown and hung out at Dundas West Fest and it...





Today we went downtown and hung out at Dundas West Fest and it was just a really good day. I don't know. I'm on the verge of some really great things happening in my life and I don't want to jinx it by talking about them too much but it's not jinxing it to say that I'm pretty happy about life right now. That's pretty fricking neat

Here are some groundbreaking and subversive ideas for controversial street artist Banksy’s...

Here are some groundbreaking and subversive ideas for controversial street artist Banksy’s next piece:

  • Self-immolating monk but he’s just sitting down on a picnic blanket eating McDonald’s
  • Martin Luther King Jr. in a Burger King crown
  • Hot Mother Theresa
  • Fidel Castro smoking a cigar but the cigar is the Statue of Liberty and her torch is a gun and the gun is shooting dollar signs instead of bullets
  • John Lennon but he’s Hitler
  • Just a pomeranian
  • Charles Foster Kane from Citizen Kane wearing shutter shades and holding a snowglobe and inside the snowglobe is the Obama HOPE poster except it says NOPE and Obama is wearing Mickey Mouse ears and giving the finger
  • Ronald McDonald but he’s Hitler
  • Hitler but he’s Larry King but he’s RuPaul
  • Meat grenade

I have no emotional investment in the Kardashians but this is...





I have no emotional investment in the Kardashians but this is the same magazine cover and they can't catch a fucking break either way

It’s getting to the point where I arbitrarily dislike any famous person who’s even...

It’s getting to the point where I arbitrarily dislike any famous person who’s even remotely South Asian and wears glasses because some racist (in a really lazy way) white kid will inevitably think they’re clever and super observant and paying me a huge compliment for pointing out that I look like them. I shouldn’t do that. It’s not that guy’s fault. I’m sorry Utkarsh Ambudkar from Pitch Perfect. You seem like a nice guy but we don’t look alike. Your mouth is a bit odd. It kind of looks like a chicken anus. Congratulations on the fame and stuff

It's noon somewhere probably



It's noon somewhere probably

Photo



Prancer - The Dillinger Escape Plan



Prancer - The Dillinger Escape Plan

Young male strip tease, not safe for work



Young male strip tease, not safe for work

Photo





Spineless - Ever Forthright



Spineless - Ever Forthright

After years of horrific, controversial, and astonishingly expensive surgery, I finally have enough...

After years of horrific, controversial, and astonishingly expensive surgery, I finally have enough knuckles to tattoo “Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott” across them so yeah I guess you could say life is pretty good right now

Casual fridays



Casual fridays

Today I had a conversation with a 53-year-old woman in a meme shirt. We live in an incredible age

Today I had a conversation with a 53-year-old woman in a meme shirt. We live in an incredible age

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기